Friday, August 29, 2008

Day 4















Everbody too shagged for the continuous & long lecture

Me, ben and julian in the IS lecture
Look just how wordy and detailed the powerpoint slide is!

Today is the earliest day that we need to wake up. Due to shortage of time so yesterday rushed through my journal and ended up having insufficient sleep. Early in the morning we had our very first IS lecture by one of the local lecturer. I was surprise that i'm able to understand and catch every word that she said. Her lecture slides were very detailed but this makes the powerpoint slides very wordy. The whole 4 hours lecture consists of only a 15 min break which made me really tired and sleepy.
I learnt a lot about the culture & history of Hubei, a province of Wuhan. It sure is unbelievable to realize that they have a population of 60.161 million which is so many times more than Singapore. Wuhan is one of the major culture centers in China. The people of Hubei are called nine-headed birds with the saying “In the sky live nine-headed birds. On the earth live cunning Hubei people” This means that Hubei people are very smart and are hard to negotiate terms with them. Another part of the lecture that caught my attention was the part on Emperor Yan(Shengnong). 4000 years ago, Emperor Yan was the first master of Chinese nation and was also the God who invented farming in the mythology of ancient China. He was born in Hubei and known as the farming king.

After the lecture, we went to the canteen to have our lunch. I bought only the vegetables to eat with no rice as there was no meat. It seems like I seriously got a problem adapting to the food there. The whole of morning and afternoon I only had a few spoonful of vegetables. I guess I will slim down in no time haha. I left with a few of my peers to purchase our necessities and went back to my dormitory and discussed with my bunk mates, how we can make our bunk more spacious and clean. Everything turns out great.

After this, I went out again with my bunk mates with a few more people tagging along to search for our shorts and shoes that we have been craving for haha. We were able to cut down the prices by around 50% which I feel it’s worthy to purchase those items. Glad that I finally found what I have been waiting for. Then we separated ourselves again and one group goes to the supermarket to top up our necessities while I accompany two of the girls to check out prices of cameras.

Upon returning to my bunk, I asked some of my peers out for dinner and to our surprise, Mr Puah and the other 2 lecturer were in the restaurant also. The place was really crowded and the food served, aren’t as good as I had expected. The rice was so hard to chew and the dishes are either too oily or too spicy especially for the duck!!! Though it was raining cats and dogs but we were able to return to our dormitory safely. This marked the end of the programme of the day.

No comments: